Are you interested in playing a pivotal role in building innovative technology that protects Amazon’s customers? Threat Detection Technologies team, in Customer Engagement Technologies (CET) group, is responsible for automating detection of cyber-security threats in Amazon's global contact center network. Among other things, we build monitoring systems that collect data at scale, and use machine learning (ML) to detect adversarial action in our systems.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Threat Engineering and Development team. As a Data Scientist, you will complement our strengths and apply your data science skills, and tradecraft, to analyze terabytes of user behavior data, to detect threatening behaviors. You will build threat detection models and algorithms, which will be used to detect attacks and raise security investigations. You need to be highly motivated, eager to learn and be curious, and resourceful in finding novel ways to analyze data in order to produce actionable threat indicators.
This is a highly visible role that requires partnering with multiple organizations, security, and technology teams in order to extract the intelligence and effect change. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation to champion security causes. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. You must be experienced in working with data to analyze and detect trends, outliers, and have advanced analytical, mathematical, and quantitative abilities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, or a related field.
· 5+ years of experience using SQL, ETL, Tableau, and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Proficient with data analysis and modeling software such as R.
· Proficient with using scripting language such as Python.
· Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
· Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms.
· Experience with AWS Big Data technologies: RedShift, S3, Glue, Athena, Data Pipeline.
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills.
· Advanced degree in a relevant field.
· Experience with Eider, Data Craft, and Sage Maker.
· Experience with implementing supervised and unsupervised machine learning models.
· Familiarity with Data Science techniques such as clustering, anomaly detection, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.