Are you a passionate scientist in the area of computer vision and machine learning who is aspired to develop new and innovative technologies to new product categories? Are you interested in applying your deep knowledge to new and challenging areas? Are you looking to scale capabilities computer vision and machine learning capabilities to new workload sizes? Are you up to the task of delivering innovative and scalable technology that manages automated recognition of millions of items?
You will be part of a passionate team whose missions is to push the frontier of computer vision and machine learning technology into the smart home application area. This is a great opportunity for you to innovate in this space by developing algorithms at the edge and in the cloud, and integrating them into consumer services to enable a premium customer experience. In this role, you will be an owner of the full algorithm development cycle, from sensor evaluation and data engineering to algorithm design, implementation, optimization and deployment. This position also requires experience with developing efficient software components on resource-constrained computing platforms on the edge. You will collaborate with different Amazon teams to make informed decisions on the best practices in machine learning to build highly-optimized integrated hardware and software platforms.
· Apply best practices to investigate, acquire, process and analyze data sources for algorithm development.
· Research and implement the state-of-the-art methods in computer vision and machine learning to deliver algorithms that meets product specifications.
· Design, build algorithm evaluation frameworks, schedule and report algorithm performance on a regular basis.
· Optimize and deploy algorithms on target hardware platforms.
· Establish, develop and maintain frameworks and procedures for image sensor selection and evaluation and image quality monitoring.
· Influence system design by making informed decisions on the selection of data sources, algorithms and sensors.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD in computer vision research, machine learning, or equivalent.
· 2+ years of experience in one of the following areas: (1) deep learning models architecture design, training, optimization and model pruning, (2) geometric based computer vision such as multi-view fusion/calibration
· 2+ years of experience in implementing computer vision algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code
· 1+ years of experience in C++, as well as with Python or similar scripting language
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state-of-the-art
· Experienced in prototyping, designing, implementing and deploying large-scale computer vision applications and tools
· Experience in sensor selection for perception system
· Experience with Linux/embedded devices
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen quickly
· Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills