Are you passionate about applying formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, and theorem proving to real world problems? Do you want to create products that reduce complexity for customers, increase customer security posture, and are provably correct? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. The EC2 Networking team at Amazon.com is looking for a passionate and innovative Applied Scientist.
In this role, you will interact with internal teams and external customers to understand their networking requirements. You will apply your knowledge to propose solutions, create software prototypes, and productize prototypes into production systems using software development tools and methodologies. In addition, you will support and scale your solutions to meet the ever growing demand of customer use.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
· At least 2 years of experience with experience in formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, and/or theorem proving
· Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
· At least 5 years of experience with SMT/SAT solvers
· At least 5 years of experience with programming languages such as Java, Scala, C/C++, Ruby, or Python and open-source technologies
· At least 5 years of experience in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
· At least 5 years of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience developing/modifying compilers
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Manage directly assigned tasks and on-call duties gracefully
· Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.