This 16-week, paid and benefit-eligible, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical and able to work effectively across multiple teams.
· * Serve as the key business partner working directly with regional AWS management and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations. You must have the ability to structure problems, perform analysis, and present to your business partners. Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners
* Report weekly and monthly financial and operating metrics
* Manage the financial planning process. Model, analyze and forecast metrics that drive budgeting, forecasting and business decisions
* Be an integral member in the monthly financial close process and perform ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed
* Analyze business results for key takeaways to achieve business objectives
* Monitor compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, global AWS business
* Preparing detailed financial models for business segments, drive business initiatives, and identify, implement, and deliver key operational efficiencies
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· You are eligible for this program if you have been out of the workforce for at least 1 year.
Examples may be:
o Staying home to raise your family
o Taking needed time off to provide personal care for a loved one
o Venturing to starting your own business
o Necessary sabbatical from the workforce for personal reasons
· * Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
* Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
* Solid business judgment and controllership focus
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
* Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
* A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
* MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/US
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 37hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.