The Fire TV team is seeking a passionate, hard-working, and talented intern to join our fast paced, stimulating environment to help shape our Fire TV business leveraging economics.
In this role a successful candidate will be expected to work on key business problems facing with the Fire TV business both in the US and internationally. This role will allow you to apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, and other areas. You will combine primary and secondary datasets to build econometric models, using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems. Additionally, you will be expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the company.
You'll be involved in the phases of research projects, demonstrating skill in all stages, including defining key research questions, recommending measures, working with multiple data sources, evaluating methodology and design, executing analysis plans, and interpreting and communicating results. You will work closely with engineers, scientists, research, product managers and others to build econometric models, and find new ways to understand pricing and cost dynamics.
This role will sit directly on the business team and will take into account the theory and models created by the central Devices econ team and the unique market dynamics, competitive environment, and business needs facing FireTV to chart the best strategies for our business. You should expect to have an immediate and significant impact on our path forward.
Your opportunities with our team will include:
· Be a thought leader: conceptualize and lead global research initiatives, understand drivers, impacts, and key influences on cost and pricing dynamics.
· Innovate and drive actions to optimize the portfolio to improve profitability, growth, and customer experience based on feature-market fit.
· Bring deep knowledge of quantitative modeling (ML, optimization, causal modeling) to build econometric models, prototypes, Monte Carlo simulations, conjoint analyses and guide the technical approach of production scalable implementations in partnership with technical teams.
· Drive business feedback and requirements on the roadmap of tools being developed to support the Amazon Devices organization.
· Explain complex technical approaches and business impact to a variety of stakeholders, including senior business and econ leadership, development teams and cross-functional experts.
· Develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the organization.
· PhD student in Economics (enrolled in at least the 3rd year and not currently on the job market)
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to bring structure to broad sets of inputs, and drive to pragmatic business applications
· Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Knowledge of econometrics
· Familiarity with Stata/Python
· Attention to Detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us