Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) State and Local Government Health and Human Service team is leading a paradigm shift in how is cloud is transforming the delivery of health, healthcare, and social benefit programs. Our team is in search of an exceptionally qualified individual with expertise in Health Information Exchange (HIE) technology and policy experience at the state and federal level.
As the HIE Leader, you will have an exciting opportunity to develop and deliver on a national strategy to help transform HIEs throughout the United States. You will lead the HIE vertical and help drive adoption of modern, cloud practices and solve the most critical problems currently plaguing our HIE customers. You will establish and execute strategic programs working with many AWS partners that drive both customer and partner cloud adoption. You will work with other AWS cross-functional teams (including account managers, solutions architects, marketing, professional services, compliance, product, sales enablement, sales operations, and other related teams).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Engage and build trusted partnerships with HIE organizations at the executive level (e.g., Executive Director, CIO/CTO, etc.).
· Develop and execute strategies that drive partner and customer cloud adoption.
· Serve as a highly credible expert on the HIE and interoperability domains with AWS partners, customers, and internal AWS teams.
· Work with AWS partners to develop repeatable solutions, programs, and models to accelerate and drive cloud adoption.
· Develop joint go-to-markets and other solutions to create new opportunities with our partners.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 10+ years in senior leadership position working with Health Information Exchange (HIE) technology and policy at the state or federal level
· 10 + years’ experience working directly with or in a Health Information Exchange project, preferably experience in cloud technology
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (e.g., honorable military service, vocational school, etc.)
· A deep understanding of the technology and consulting vendors currently supporting HIEs
· Working relationships (preferred direct project experience) with national associations (namely – SHEIC and other like organizations).
· An appetite to disrupt the current HIE technology infrastructure limitations and challenges (both technology and policies) to promote cloud benefits such as scalability, flexibility and cost
· An understanding of HIEs, their stakeholders, and their relationships with government or community based organizations (e.g., Public Health, Payers, Community Based Organizations, etc.)
· Authored or co-authored policy impacting Health Information Exchanges and Interoperability (state or federal)
· Experience creating national go-to-market campaigns and repeatable solutions
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.