Amazon is seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to be a key business partner in our Global Tax Calculation Services Program, supporting multiple business domains at Amazon.
The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is responsible for providing end-to-end tax compliance solutions for Amazon and merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces.
In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while having the flexibility to engage in day-to-day tactical responsibilities. The role requires the candidate to have a broad understanding of project management life cycles while having experience managing multiple projects simultaneously within a technical systems landscape.
· Develop and maintain the Tax Engine's program management function; assisting with project priorities and assignment of resources
· Oversee project intake tools and processes
· Develop processes for better project documentation and tracking from project submission to completion
· Align key internal and external partners to ensure scalable solutions and excellence in execution
· Liaising with cross-functional work streams consisting of Amazon Businesses, Tax, Accounting, Legal, Finance Operations, and technical teams in order to drive cross-team dependencies for large scale projects
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
· Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with varying priorities.
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· 7+ years of work experience in program and/or product management field.
· A Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field or 10+ years of experience working in a related technical field.
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
· The ability to align efforts of disparate groups to achieve a common goal.
· Ability to take loosely defined business questions and translate them into clearly defined technical/data specifications.
· Experience working with remote teams.
· Track record of being detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to self–motivate and follow through on projects.
· Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage change in a highly dynamic environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience delivering complex projects with multiple milestones and dependencies.
· Proven track record of being able to learn, develop and implement new technologies, ideas and initiatives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.