For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. Americas Sales Strategy & Operations (SSO) is a diverse team that supports the Sales, Demand Generation, Inside Sales, Solution Architects, and Business Development teams across Canada, the US and LATAM to enable AWS teams to better serve our customers in their journey to the cloud.
AWS is seeking a talented and experienced Communications Manager to join the World Wide Customer Solutions Team to design, build an execute a comprehensive executive communications and internal communication strategy. This includes building and preserving our culture, best practice sharing, collaboration, and knowledge sharing across the WW Sales, Solution Architecture, Business Development, Inside Sales, Demand Generation and SSOE organizations. The Communications Manager is responsible for the AWS WW Customer Solutions communications strategy and associated channels which enable leadership to effectively communicate information and drive engagement throughout the organization. The Communications Manager will invent and engagement strategy at all levels of the organization, and will connect the dots for all employees across our organization for how their work contributes to the larger AWS worldside vision and strategy.
You will work closely with the Sr. Manager Worldwide Customer Solutions Operations, the Director, WW Customer Solutions as well as key stakeholders across the company to distill vast amounts of information about key business initiatives, AWS services, sales programs and methodologies, and business processes into clear, concise communications that provide the knowledge our customer facing technical organization organization needs to work efficiently and effectively. This role is responsible for raising the bar on writing standards across the organization by teaching and preserving our writing culture.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, self-motivated communications professional who can operate in a high-velocity environment and deliver high-quality results. You are a builder who is comfortable rolling-up their sleeves to develop and experiment with new channels to reach your audience. You have exceptional copywriting and editing skills for both original content as well as rewriting and optimizing content from subject matter experts. Most importantly, you have a keen understanding of your audience and are able to work backwards to produce compelling content and land it through appropriate channels.
· Develop and execute an AWS WW Customer Solutions Communications strategy that drives predictable information flow, organizational alignment and employee engagement across the AWS WW organization
· Develop communications vehicles (newsletters, all hands meetings, video messages, etc.) in alignment with the Communication strategy
· Adapt messaging and communications vehicles and formats as per needs of the organization, including identifying new communication channels and provisioning new content
· Create content, and teach others how to develop and deliver content in alignment with our Communications strategy
· Manage end-to-end execution of communications, including assessment, writing, review, and publishing ranging in size, impact, delivery vehicle, and turnaround time
· Write and manage content for the AWS WW internal technical portal and develop a comprehensive resource center that provides the tools, content, and other important information our field employees need to effectively serve customers
· Develop communication plans for major change initiatives. Distill technical information, complex business processes, and change impacts into crisp, user-friendly communications that resonate with a variety of audiences
· Drive and develop efficient operational processes to manage intake of communication requests from various stakeholders
· Build mechanisms for multi-directional feedback on communications and a closed loop to act on that feedback
· Design and develop standards for communications success and measurement
· Proactively build and manage relationships with our key internal stakeholders across the world
· Provide expert internal communications counsel to diverse groups across the organization
· Provide copywriting support on key organizational narratives
This role can be located out of any of our major US hubs including but not limited to: Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, New York, DC.
· 10+ years of communications experience in developing and executing change management and internal communications programs
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, or a related field
· Master’s degree in Business Administration, Communication, or a related field
· Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to articulate clear messages to a various audiences
· Demonstrated ability to formulate a clear point of view on complex topics, and the ability to create a concise and well-written narrative
· Strong project management skills and experience, including managing internal stakeholders and multiple projects at once
· Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
· Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and resourceful
· Must be comfortable in high-velocity environment
· Experience in a hi-tech organization
· Excellent track record of driving cultural change and influencing organizations through communications
· Experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
· Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames
· Willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age