Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By providing customers more of what they want including low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as world-class e-commerce platform. The spirit of innovation is part of the company’s DNA.
To support Amazon’s growing business, Finance Operations Accounting and Analysis (FOAA) is looking for a Finance Manager who supports non-retail Accounts Receivables in Europe. This is an exciting opportunity to drive business critical Accounts Receivables analysis for fast-paced businesses such as Advertising, Amazon Web Services, Gift Cards, Kindle Offline products and B2B Sales.
· Financial statement analysis of accounts receivables.
· Understand underlying processes and accounting concepts in order to drive process improvements and efficiencies.
· Provide month end close analytics for accounts receivables in Europe.
· Manage and lead internal balance sheet reviews with EU Senior Leadership.
· Collaborate Finance Operations, FOAA and Central Accounting teams across the globe.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 3000 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline with accounting and analytical bias.
· Proven familiarity with concepts of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· 7+ years of accounting or related analytical experience.
· Strong English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages.
· Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Advanced Excel user.
· Master’s degree and/or Professional certification (CPA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience.
· Good understanding of accounts receivables process flows and how of how they translate into the accounting framework.
· Independent and entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to work with minimal direction.