Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world.
Come join a brand new team, EC2 Health Analytics, under EC2 Foundational Tech., to solve complex cutting-edge problems to power a faster, more robust and performant EC2 of tomorrow. The charter of our team is to improve customer experience on the EC2 fleet by analyzing hundreds of signals and driving next-generation detection and remediation tools across the cloud using Machine Learning and Data Analytics.
As a Sr. Applied Scientist in the EC2 Health Analytics team, you will join as a leader of an industry-leading engineering team solving challenging problems at massive scale.
* Building a world-class forecasting platform that scales to handling billions of time series data in real time.
* Driving fleet utilization improvement where each 1% means tens of millions of additional free cash flow.
* Automating tactical and strategic capacity planning tools to optimize for service availability and infrastructure cost.
* Building recommendation algorithms for improving the AWS customer experience.
What you will learn:
* State of the art analytics and forecasting methodologies.
* Application of machine learning to large-scale customer analytics.
* Product recommendation algorithms.
* Resource management and admission control for the Cloud.
* The internals of all AWS services.
We are a Diverse team:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work. Due to the Covid-19 situation, our team currently works from home. We generally keep core working hours from 10am to 4pm (PT). About half of us starts the day earlier and the other half of us stay later
· Masters degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative sciences field with 2+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist.
· Proficient with data analysis and modeling software such as Spark, R etc.
· Familiarity with programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java or Perl.
· Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
· PhD degree in computer science, operations research, statistics, engineering, or mathematics
· Experience with recommendation algorithms.
· Experience with AWS products.
· Experience with time-series forecasting.
· Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us