Amazon is building the most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world, and we are recruiting to make this vision a reality. Amazon Business (AB) represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base for Amazon. We are focused on building solutions that enable B2B customers to find, research, and buy products and services across multiple devices and marketplaces. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses and large enterprises (and everything in between).
The Amazon Business Science and Analytics team (ABSA) owns the science and analytics for key AB problems including price setting and selection additions. We are looking for a Sr. Economist to contribute to these areas with a focus on AB pricing strategy and developing key pricing models.
We are seeking candidates skilled in quantitative methods, including classical statistics and machine learning approaches. You will be comfortable with highly ambiguous problems and thinking carefully and systematically about the needs of the business, our customers, and selling partners. You will develop practical solutions to drive the business while maintaining a high standard of scientific excellence. You will collaborate with world-class economists and scientists across Amazon.
· Contribute to pricing strategy development based on economic theory and data analysis
· Develop models to measure elasticities and infer competitive prices
· Collaborate with product and engineering teams both within and outside of AB Pricing to launch automated science-based pricing systems
· PhD in Economics or highly related field
· At least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience in research or business problem solving leveraging economics and related disciplines
· Advanced expertise in pricing theory and industrial organization
· Experience with Big Data and machine learning techniques
· Excellent written and verbal communication with both technical and business audiences
· Experience working with engineers to deploy quantitative models in production
· Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
· Strong background in econometrics, economic theory, and quantitative methods
· Proficiency in at least one computational language (e.g., R, Python, Stata)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.