The Senior Public Policy Manager, Payments, will be based in Seattle and will be an integral part of the International Public Policy’s Central Strategy Team. The Senior Manager will help formulate, coordinate, and implement government engagement strategies to support our Payments business with governments in Europe, the Middle East, India and the Asia-Pacific region, as well as with intergovernmental organizations. The Senior Manager will also coordinate Amazon’s engagement with relevant external stakeholders and coalitions and assist with outreach to relevant local, in-country authorities when relevant.
The Senior Manager will work closely with Amazon’s Public Policy, Public Relations, Legal, and Payments Business functions to establish the public policy and advocacy agenda. The Senior Manager will monitor and report relevant legislative and regulatory activity, develop positioning and mitigation/engagement strategies, draft collateral, and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
The Senior Manager will work with in-country International Public Policy team members to facilitate high-level meetings for executives and business leaders with key policymakers, association executives, and other relevant stakeholders. The Senior Manager will also work with in-country Public Policy team members to determine, maintain, and staff corporate membership opportunities in industry associations and political organizations, as appropriate.
This position will be based in Seattle, WA. The Senior Manager will be willing to travel internationally.
· BA/BS required
· At least 10 years of relevant public policy experience and a keen working understanding of policymaking processes and government relations.
· Law Degree or Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., political science, economics, finance)
· Strong knowledge of and background in advocacy and public policy development pertaining to existing and emerging payments frameworks in the Asia-Pacific region and/or the European Union (EU).
· Highly effective oral and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate and political levels.
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English is required, and a proven ability to convey complex arguments in writing is a must.
· 15 years of experience in government or representing a large, complex company or association, preferably but not necessarily in fintech.
· Ability to maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
· Proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
· Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
· Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
· Fluency in a second language, including French, German, Spanish, or Japanese is preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.