Amazon Web Services (AWS) is obsessed with ensuring the success of our customers. To this end, AWS is learning how to best train, compensate, and deploy its large and growing global salesforce. Which payment plans lead to good customer outcomes in the long run? What type of training – and how much – helps drive opportunity creation and win rate? What customers would benefit most from the help of an AWS expert? To what regions of the world would we want to deploy more headcount and other resources? These are the types of questions our team seeks to answer.
AWS is hiring an economist specializing in program evaluation / reduced form causal analysis to help estimate the impact of – and then optimize – different compensation, training, and assignment programs. While causal analysis is our bread and butter, we see opportunities for those who have (or are willing to invest in building) broad skillsets. If you have an EIO or forecasting background, we’d love to talk.
Job Locations: Seattle, WA
· PhD in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Machine Learning, or Operations Research
· Three + years of experience in private sector or consulting
· Strong proficiency in at least one of the following statistical software packages: Stata, Matlab, R, Python
· Strong background in econometrics (e.g., forecasting, time series, panel data, program evaluation, and/or high dimensional problems), probability and statistics, economic theory, and quantitative methods
· Strong empirical research track record in applied macroeconomics, econometrics, finance, labor economics, public economics, industrial organization, or a related field
· Proven experience with the design and development of machine learning solutions
· Demonstrated ability to design solutions to real world business questions.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g., ability to write and present narratives to different levels of leadership).
· Ability to work in a very fast-paced business environment
· Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Ruby, and /or Big Data processing platforms such Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark is a plus.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
· 1+ years experience using AWS
· Experience with Enterprise Sales data (e.g., SFDC)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.