Please Note: After an initial virtual training period of approximately 6-months this job will be located in Sydney, NSW.
Associate Technical Account Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking early career talent to join our AWS Tech U Program.
About Tech U
As a Graduate Technical Account Manager, you will be part of AWS Tech U, which is an accelerated career development program for those who want to advance both their technical and business skills. The Program will provide you with training and work experience that aligns in the field of Technical Training. This unique program consists of a 6-month instructor lead, project-based learning curriculum, followed by a 6-month On-the-Job Training (OJT) learning assignment within the Enterprise Support division in a location as based on the needs of the business.
This is a unique opportunity for driven, self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands.
You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the tech industry.
These are some of the most challenging and exciting roles in the IT industry today. We work with cutting edge technologies supporting the largest and most innovative businesses, non-profits, and government agencies around the world.
This is a an unparalleled opportunity to leapfrog your peers and take a leadership role helping AWS to transform the way the world uses technology to solve their business challenges. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity to lay the foundations for a future proof career.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers mentor more junior engineers through one-on-one mentoring. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
We get to build a really cool service and the main contributing factor to our success is the inclusive and welcoming culture that we embody every day. Our team places value on work-life harmony.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Build a strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
· Work with customers of all sizes to execute on the Enterprise Support value proposition of AWS
· Assist with operational support needs for customers already using AWS
· Collaborate with experienced technical account managers to craft and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS communities
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
· Effectively represent AWS within a customer’s environment, and drive discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs and risk management
· The TAM is the centrepiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· Only 0-2 years of relevant experience
· Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related science/technical fields OR equivalent training, certifications, and/or experience
· Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for one (1) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environments
· Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences
This opportunity is open to Australian and NZ citizens, and Australian permanent residents. International students are welcome to apply, and need to ensure they have the working rights.
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.