Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the industry. At Amazon Games, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, as well as other unannounced projects.
Amazon Games is seeking a highly talented and motivated Technical Program Manager to join our Live Operations team in London. In this role you will be the point person for making sure that games and applications are well-integrated with Amazon, Steam and Epic platform features and work properly.
Developers and publishers, as well as senior leadership will rely on you to assist with integrations, such as Steamworks & Epic Store features, as well as proprietary and external technologies, general technical issues and business decisions. You will have great communication and prioritization skills with a clear focus on providing the best possible customer experience. The ability to be self-directed, while still providing excellent service to partners, is critical.
Responsibilities in this role:
· Be the subject matter expert for distribution platform SDKs for Amazon Games LiveOps team
· Lead the building, testing, configuring, creating, and preparing product for release on Steam
· Be the gatekeeper for what is and isn’t integrated; having deep knowledge of C++ and guiding second-party (2P) development to integration paths
· Debug problems with services
· Work with different internal groups and partners to create new platform features, tools and initiatives, all while building at an Amazon scale
· Translate customer requirements into specific tasks and assigning those tasks to relevant functional areas
· Collect, prioritize, track, and drive customer-reported issues to resolution/closure
· Partner with stakeholders and cross-functional partners to identify, document, and communicate project/program scope, schedule, risks, and issues in multiple time zones
· Effectively negotiate; be able to make smart trade-offs (e.g., time vs. effort vs. features), and drive appropriate schedules, while being willing to readjust priorities to ensure the right customer, technology, and engineering outcomes
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Due to Covid-19 situation, our team currently works from home. We generally keep core working hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us starts the day earlier and the other half of us stay later. Flexible hours to overlap with North America when needed.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or similar, or equivalent years of experience
· Several years of game industry experience
· Several years of technical/application project management experience driving software development, testing, deployment, and support teams
· Proven experience with Steamworks/Epic Store integrations
· Previous experience with object-oriented gaming programming languages, such as C++, C#, or similar
· Demonstrated experience with stakeholder management and leading through influence
· Understanding of live services and the complexities of running a live product
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· Experience with a wide variety of development practices including waterfall, scrum/agile delivery models, etc.
· Technical leadership role launching 2+ AAA titles
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.