Amazon Academy (https://academy.amazon.in/) is looking for a Frontend engineer, who is creative, deeply technical and customer-obsessed to define and drive technology and architecture that defines the future of an Edtech offering for competitive exams.
We are looking for a talented and self motivated Front end engineer with knowledge and skills in building highly interactive interfaces. We want someone who can work well in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, and can bring flexibility, speed and quality to our team. You should be a talented and experienced frontend developer with expertise in web/mobile UI and AJAX-based interactive application development. You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development, and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You should love creating things and take great personal pride in building cool interfaces for other developer tools.
We are passionate about building user friendly, engaging customer interfaces and highly scalable distributed systems for our customers (who are primarily students). You’ll work on cutting edge technology such as such as React, ReactNative, NodeJS, JavaSpring and AWS to build the world’s most innovative customer interfacing solutions.
As a Front-end Engineer on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced and senior software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new customer facing products and interfaces, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. You should be someone who enjoys working on complex system software, and feels strongly about building a software system that can be operated at global scale.
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
· Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
· Proficiency in testing front-end applications and automated browser testing
· Experience with AWS technologies like Lambda, EC2, S3, Kibana and others
· Practical experience with engineering best practices
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive