Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Worldwide Field Marketing BI team.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer on this team, you will get the exciting opportunity to work with senior marketing leadership to understand their business requirements and deliver solutions and actionable insight. Our team is serious about great design and redefining best practices with a cloud-based approach to scalability and automation. A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes, and implementing long-term solutions. You will help customize business policies and processes while developing new metrics and functionality.
Location: Position may be located in Seattle, or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
· Uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our marketing performance
· Collaborate and partner across the organization to develop best practices for your function and advocate for improvements in enterprise-wide tools
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of relevant employment experience
· Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tools like Amazon QuickSight
· Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into complex analyses and actionable insights
· Aptitude for refining informal business analytic requirements to help move beyond the simple ask and surface the underlying “why”
· Documented history of thinking outside the box to improve business results
· Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 87,700 - 153,500/ yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Benefits overview: https://amazon.jobs/en/internal/landing_pages/benefitsoverview-us