The Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) team that delights millions of customers around the world by delivering our most complex product lines at speeds that redefine the bar. The GSF Strategies Team is a collaborative group of Business Analysts, Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Economists, Product Managers, and Program Managers that creates people-centric innovations this business and their workforce of over a hundred thousand valued associates and leaders.
We are now recruiting for an exceptional Economist, Global Operations
The ideal candidate will be:
· A Well-Rounded Athlete – You understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
· A Perpetual Student – You seek knowledge and insight. You turn moments into master’s classes. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or staying ahead of your industry, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
· A Skilled Communicator – You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
· A Trusted Advisor – You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· An Inventor at Heart – You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to their unidentified needs.
· A Fearless Explorer – You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and see possibility in what others view with skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
· Collaborate with business intel and data engineering teams to collect new data and refine of existing data sources to continually improve solutions
· Test hypotheses in a high-ambiguity environment making use of qualitative data, judgment, and customer feedback.
· Utilize code (Python, R, Scala, etc.) to design, build, and manage scientifically-sound, production-grade models and hands-off-the-wheel solutions that solve specific business problems
· Advocate for your customer and align your stakeholders to address our most pressing needs
· Distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions
· Manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
· Convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· PhD. or anticipated PhD in economics or a closely related field (e.g. marketing, finance or operations research)
· Ability to build econometric tools that can be applied in automated systems in collaboration with engineers.
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
· Five plus years of relevant analysis work and domain area work experience
· Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Experience managing, manipulating, and analyzing large datasets.