We are searching for Software Development Engineers with passion for building easy to use large-scale enterprise cloud software optimized for massive execution. If you are motivated by the fact that your code helps thousands of the world biggest companies to run millions of SQL queries smoothly and with high performance through our distributed cloud system – this role is for you!
Our cloud data warehouse Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. With Redshift Spectrum, our customers can easily data from Amazon S3, thereby scaling their warehouse out to Exabytes and allowing them to integrate data in all kinds of file formats from their data lake into their analytics.
As Software Development Engineer at Amazon Redshift SQL , you will:
- Participate in the design and development of state-of-the-art SQL engines
- Define rewrite rules and optimize execution time in distributed
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- Operate a large-scale, distributed service in the cloud.
- Work on the latest technology, as we constantly build the latest research concepts into Redshift Spectrum.
- Be part of something big, as you are working on a key pillar of AWSs extensive service portfolio and thousands of Amazon Redshift customers benefit from your contributions.
- Learn from the best, as you are working on challenging engineering tasks in a team of very experienced experts that are close to support you.
- Be part of a great team, as we invest a lot to create an inclusive environment that allows you to perform at your best, while maintaining a fun atmosphere.
- 1 or more years experience in professional software development
- Experience in designing, implementing, executing and analyzing complex software system
- Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Good working knowledge of relational databases, algebra, and SQL
- Ability to write high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Experience debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting software.
- Good communication skills, analytical abilities, and design skills.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science
- Experience in working on SQL and code compilation engines
- Experience with internals especially SQL optimization, execution, and automation
- Experience with parser, normalization, and cache management in systems
- Experience in working on distributed systems
- Good understanding of parallel computing, system efficiency and scalability.
- Experience in characterizing, debugging and correcting configuration issues in large scale distributed systems
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.