Finance Operations (FinOps) is one of the largest captive Business Service organizations on Earth. We deliver finance technology solutions, corporate facilities, procurement services and transactional finance to Amazon. We are international, spreading across 28 countries in the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
To support Amazon’s growing business, Finance Operations Accounting and Analysis (FOAA) is looking for a Finance Manager VAT who will support the accounting of indirect taxes and business partner with internal VAT teams. This is an exciting opportunity to own international initiatives of improving the quality of the VAT General Ledger account reconciliations. Your expertise of VAT regulations and general accounting background will provide important intelligence to safeguard financial statements. You will provide VAT accounting consultancy and operate with a high degree of empowerment to make independent decisions.
- Deliver and own global financial analytics of General Ledger accounts relating to indirect taxes across all Amazon businesses. Own the internal monthly business reviews with senior leadership and highlight areas of improvements.
- Support global VAT related accounting projects and assure compliance with VAT regulations. Influence internal decision making with the goal to improve accounting of indirect taxes and accuracy of tax filings.
- Drive improvements of the global General Ledger reconciliations process across businesses including input and output VAT.
- Liaison with VAT Controlership, Accounting, Finance Operations, and Technology teams with the goal to assure the VAT compliance of the financial statements.
- Promote VAT awareness, including knowledge sharing and training with respect to VAT rules, policies and procedures, within Finance Operations.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 3641 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development
- Degree in finance, tax, accounting, or related fields with specialization in VAT.
- 7+ years of experience in an accounting role for a multinational and/or professional organization paired with strong background of VAT compliance.
- Independent and entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced, growing and ambiguous environment.
- Experience with understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements.
- The ability to demonstrate ownership, initiate and implement change with a problem solving approach.
- The ability to earn trust with people at all levels within an organization and challenge the “status quo”.
- Strong English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages.
- You are highly analytical, detailed oriented, and enjoy developing new business reports
- Master’s degree and/or Professional certification (CPA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience with Fortune 500 clients
- Good understanding of accounts payable and receivable process flows and how they translate into the accounting framework.
- Experience working with service center support teams and matrix organizations