Core AI is an interdisciplinary team on the cutting edge of economics, statistical analysis, and machine learning whose mission is to solve AI and ML problems that have high risk with abnormally high returns. Our team leverages the strengths of our engineers and scientists to build solutions for some of the toughest business problems here at Amazon.
We are looking for a seasoned economist who is able to provide structure, including sourcing, defining, and leveling, around complex and varied business problems. We seek creative thinkers who can combine a strong economic toolbox with a desire to learn from others, and who know how to execute and deliver on big ideas.
This role will be to work within Core AI to help support research and development on rapid proofs of concept for high-impact projects. The economist will have access to engineering and econometric tools, as well as Amazon's Scholar Residency Program, which consists of world-class academic scientists and researchers collaborating with internal partner teams to facilitate the delivery of Scholar led science into engineering systems
· PhD in Economics or highly related field
· Experience in applied statistics, applied economic analysis, econometrics, or consulting
· Experience in using one of Stata, R, or Python is required
* Strong research track record, drives results.
* Effective verbal and written communications skills.
* Exhibits high business judgment.
* Has relentlessly high standards.
* Dives deep, thinks big and has convictions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.