Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around market development for new web services and market expansion for existing web services.
AWS is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to support our Federal Civilian High-Performance Computing (HPC) business in Healthcare and Sciences. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for HPC workloads on AWS. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architecture with specific customer centric value propositions and will directly interface with the HPC product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements for next gen R&D and other resource intensive workloads. HPC workloads include areas like genomics and proteomics analysis for life sciences and healthcare, molecular modeling, computational chemistry, aerospace, fluid dynamics, electromagnetic simulations and complex materials analysis.
The BDM will work closely with AWS business development, sales, marketing and partner teams to position the AWS platform for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our services, platforms, frameworks and infrastructure. In addition, the BDM will define and drive a process that the organization will follow to accelerate sales and partner-management engagement for related customer and partner opportunities. The BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior management. The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from running on AWS EC2 instances, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Federal Civilian Agencies. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of machine learning and deep learning services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around HPC offerings;
· Engages and drives scale at engaging enterprise customers and partners about the AWS HPC value proposition;
· Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
· Exhibits HPC expertise and experienced handling and scaling sales campaigns with enterprises and enterprise partners;
· Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
· Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the AWS HPC solutions can help address cloud-enabled growth areas;
· Serves as an evangelist for the AWS HPC platform within AWS, and externally;
· Develops a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
· Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting AWS HPC solutions;
· Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the related AWS solutions, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements;
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
· Possess 10+ years enterprise selling outsourcing, consulting or managed services, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry;
· Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen;
· Experience selling HPC to Federal Civilian Agencies (HHS, VA, DHA, NASA and DOE);
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business;
· Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to HPC, vertical workloads, cloud computing and IT;
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
· 15+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience;
· Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
· Experience with VPC and Cloud Networking technologies
· Experience with machine learning and deep learning software platforms.
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
“Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation”