The Regional Loss Prevention Manager is a key salaried position in the Amazon team. The Regional Loss Prevention Manager leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, and intellectual property) protection in the region. The Regional Loss Prevention Manager reports to the Senior Loss Prevention Manager responsible for their area, and aids them in supporting the business operation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Enhance, track, and report on metrics which are key performance indicators, allowing performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner
· Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to area are fulfilled
· Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud and conduct interviews when appropriate
· Inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members
· Ensure that you understand, align performance and actions with and can clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and their department
· Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert. Proactively keep the department abreast of key issues, strategies and challenges/opportunities
· Identify, promote and implement security best practices in a designated site
· Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to drive process improvements and increase efficiency
· Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives
· Coordinate data collection, through database polling or data entry, from multiple DC; and conduct analysis generating strategic and tactical interpretations
· Up to 50% travel (Domestic)
· Able to work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary
· Bachelors or 5+ years of relevant or military experience
· 3+ yrs people mgr experience
· 3+ years of experience in law enforcement, muilti-site loss prevention, risk management, supply chain management, or other related field
· 3+ years of experience with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, and video review system
· 1+ years of experience with MS Office Professional Suite, including Excel
· Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification
· Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc.
· Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired and Wicklander and Zulawski certification is a plus
· Experience with fullfillment, logistics and/or transportation center services
· Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.