Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com and our team is responsible for providing the best shopping experience for all the Amazon.com devices and accessories including Kindles, Tablets, Echo, Fire T.V. and much more. We are one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. You should be passionate about customer experience and the quality of our pages, services, and solutions.
We are looking for talented Quality Assurance Engineers (QAE) who are enthusiastic about QA strategy and execution, cutting-edge technologies, and working in a fast paced dynamic environment. We operate as a startup within Amazon, providing great flexibility in product and technology direction. If you like to drive innovation and are passionate about raising the bar on the customer experience, then this may be the right career move for you!
As a QA Engineer on the team, you will collaborate with developers, product managers and customer support to identify unambiguous software requirements, understand all features and their implementation details, understand customer usage models and then develop and execute plans to get that software into our customers' hands in an efficient fashion with a high degree of confidence in its quality.
Our QAEs understand and implement effective test strategies to assess the quality of the system under test, through effective test planning, test case designing, test execution and automation of those tests. As a QAE on the team you will be a key voice in the design, coding, deployment, and post-deployment phases. You'll implement and own quality gates for code changes, ensuring our users' experience will be continually maintained or improved, while enhancing development experience with earlier and consistent discovery of issues.
Our QAEs are not pure black box testers; they are able to understand the software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests using a variety of frameworks. You will develop high-quality test automation to drive lower operational costs and faster deployments.
· Experience in manual testing
· 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in automation testing
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a QAE, SDET or SDE
· 2+ years of experience in writing automation in any modern programming language.
· Experience and understanding of professional software engineering models (Agile) and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management (Git), build processes, testing and ongoing maintenance
· Understanding of technical specifications and ability to analyze log files to track down and isolate issues
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Be an independent thinker, fully capable of making your own assessments of problem areas and finding effective solutions
· Excellent Linux knowledge, including tools and scripting
· Experience testing large, complex software systems
· Self-driven to improve test coverage and effectiveness
· Ability to quickly learn and apply complex technical information to a testing situation
· Takes full ownership of end-user quality and usability
· Experience with QA processes and testing software systems
· Experience with functional and/or performance testing for web applications and/or web services
· Experience in developing test plans, test cases and execution
· Demonstrated ability to work with a team towards quality delivery.
· A high level of coding aptitude.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us