At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Student Programs (SP) is responsible for attracting, hiring, and integrating the best student talent from all backgrounds to build the future of Amazon’s global workforce. We are looking to hire a talented and committed Senior Recruiter for EMEA team to play a critical role in managing Amazon's growth and additional hiring requirements. You will be part of a high visibility team focused on having an impact on the business whilst leading recruitment for technical talent across EMEA. You will need to draw on extensive knowledge of the business; forge dynamic relationships with leaders, hiring managers, HR BP’s and work directly in partnership with team members in building out the next generation sourcing strategies.
Role Key Deliverables:
· Responsible for hiring technical interns and graduates (attraction, selection processes, onboarding)
· Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment.
· University relations - development of relationships with specific university careers service centers and societies. Strengthen current partnerships organising and participating to on-campus events
· Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment of talent that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine-tuning current processes for recruiting that fits within Amazon's mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
· Identification and management of critical performance metrics - leveraging data to track efficiency and effectiveness of current processes, increase conversion and improve the candidate experience
The ideal candidate is able to work effectively at scale and is able to deliver multiple projects while contributing to a fun and collaborative team environment. They will start with the customer and work backwards, forging partnerships with business leaders, hiring managers and other internal partners to deliver an industry leading experience. They possess strong verbal and written communication skills, have an ability to manage individual and team priorities against tight timelines, demonstrate push-back and a sense of urgency, and have a practical, common sense approach to solving complex problems.
Sound like fun? It is! Come make a difference at Amazon as we work to be the most customer-centric company on earth.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
· 4+ years of high volume recruiting or equivalent work experience
· Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects and priorities, including client relationships
· Experience with recruitment tools and systems
· Data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills
· Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Travel may be required for position (up to 30%).
· Bachelor's degree in business, HR or related field
· Experience in recruiting and/or HR in a high-tech environment
· Successful track record working with cross functional business leaders to gain approvals on proposals and recommendations
· Strong analytic skills with experience using information to influence change programmatically
· Ability to serve multiple customers and deliver an excellent employee experience