About Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is the means by which Amazon extends its relationship with customers beyond its sites. Amazon Pay exports the convenience, trust, and preference for Amazon across the web, apps, and other connected devices. Our goal is to become the method that every customer chooses to pay a merchant, worldwide. Amazon is bringing together its unrivalled customer data, highly innovative personalisation technologies and unique positioning within the e-commerce value chain to enable other retailers and partners to create unique commerce and purchase experiences that benefit buyers and merchants globally. With a relentless obsession for our customers – both merchants and buyers – we are growing rapidly and offer a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility organisation that has the potential to contribute to a sizeable part of Amazon’s overall growth.
Amazon Pay Sales and Business Development
The Amazon Pay Sales & Business Development team is responsible for strategic sales to new e-commerce merchants. The team is responsible for accelerating growth, expanding the adoption and usage of Amazon Pay. The Senior Business Development manager will play a key role in shaping the future of the Amazon Pay E-Commerce Sales.
Amazon Pay is seeking a highly experienced sales professional who will lead and develop Amazon Pay's sales efforts to large and enterprise merchants. The Senior Business Development manager will identify and execute deals with sizeable e-commerce merchants and expand the Amazon Pay merchant base. You will also work across Amazon to utilize other products and services to create new and exciting value propositions for these merchants.
Operating in a fast-moving and challenging environment, Amazon's culture require that you are self-motivated and effective, able to work autonomously and take full control and responsibility for sales targets.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of the Amazon Pay product and value proposition and how this maps to the needs of e-commerce merchants in an ever-changing business environment.
- Evaluate e-commerce merchants categories and identify potential new business opportunities, developing a framework for prioritising merchant engagement.
- Build strategic relationships with e-commerce merchants at the most senior levels.
- Manage complex contract negotiations.
- Customise product positioning, company messaging materials and existing sales tools to align with multiple clients needs and verticals.
- Serve as the primary contact during merchant integration and launch alongside a solution architect.
- Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.
- Partner with internal teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth and guide the direction of our product.
- Extensive experience in large/enterprise sales; ecommerce, fintech, tech sales preferred.
- Undergraduate degree from top tier university.
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills.
- Experience working with nascent products/services in new markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.