The Program Manager is an integral part of the Public Sector (PS) Partner Programs team and in a key position to help grow our cloud computing business making an impact in an exciting, growing market. Would you like to be part of a new team redefining the IT industry? AWS is leading the shift in computing and is looking for world-class candidates. There's never been a better time to join us!
We are seeking a talented candidate to lead a confidential initiative to drive growth with consulting partners serving the Public Sector. This person will own the vision, strategy, product experience, and financial results for this initiative in Public Sector. You will work cross-functionally with AWS partner and technical teams to scope and build requirements for programs that will solve partner needs. The ideal candidate is experienced with product management, program development, training stakeholders, communications strategy development and execution, and is highly organized. You must have an understanding of AWS Services and can work with technical stakeholders to define systems/tooling needs for new programs. You must thrive in a fast paced environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive the vision and financial results for a Public Sector-facing initiative.
- Recommend and manage revenue targets, and work with partner teams to achieve/exceed goals
- Work cross-functionally with AWS partner and technical teams to scope and build requirements for programs that will solve partner needs
- Drive initiative like a product, owning goals and iterating for continual improvement.
- Understand complex business needs and solve them with product and tooling solutions.
- Enable partner leaders across the Public Sector organization to ensure they are aware of the initiative and can drive success
- Develop relationships and partner with engineering, legal, finance, and Partners to identify and address issues`
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 7+ years of experience in Product Management, Program Management, Project Management or similar role in a corporate environment supporting partners
- Experience defining, refining and implementing technical needs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Financial, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and evolving role
- Comfortable working in a continuously expanding product or line of business
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Excel required)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep work experience with solid career progression in program and product management
- Deep understanding of Cloud Computing Industry
- Global public sector experience
- Exhibits sound business judgment with a proven ability to influence others
- MBA, other relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.