Play a leading role in operational risk improvement at Amazon.com, where we have a history and tradition of leading the world in innovative technologies and services. Amazon is seeking an experienced Claims Analyst to investigate, evaluate, manage, and control worldwide product liability claims and continue the development and streamlining of global process and procedures for the reporting and administration of claims. Within the Global Risk Management and Claims Team department, you will support and report to a Risk Manager. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Skills and Qualifications:
· Ensure timely investigation and evaluation of events that could lead to an insured claim.
· Manage and ensure timely and accurate reporting of claims to legal counsel, Third Party Administrator (TPA), and insurance providers.
· Act as liaison between operations, food safety, product safety, finance, TPA, defense attorneys, and in-house counsel.
· Effectively communicate recommended claim mitigation strategies to cross functional and internal leadership teams.
· Demonstrated knowledge of claim handling principles and the application of coverage language to fact patterns.
· Support claims administration process for multiple jurisdictions, including foreign jurisdictions.
· Provide guidance and support for loss prevention matters to cross functional partners to ensure an open, proactive, and effective risk management claims culture.
· Working knowledge of Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS).
· BA/BS degree from an accredited univeristy.
· Two plus years’ experience in product liability claims.
ARM, CPCU, or similar designation or legal background. Ability to operate with autonomy in a highly ambiguous environment, be a self-starter, and multitask among changing priorities. Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in written format with employees and external partners. Proven ability to work collaboratively both cross-functionally and vertically within an organization. Well organized and detail oriented. Robust computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.