Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a motivated Instructional Designer who possesses a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with several AWS teams to craft learning paths to educate AWS customers and have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy for new educational content, services, and features.
The ideal candidate is a smart, innovative, driven, problem solving Instructional Designer with experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities to create high-quality learning experiences that support our growing learning community. The Instructional Designer will curate and design learning solutions that align with the needs of our users and guide them through their education in cloud services.
The role requires an individual who is knowledgeable in adult learning and instructional design strategies for performance-based outcomes, can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. While the Instructional Designer may or may not be steeped in AWS and the Cloud, they should be technically strong and have significant experience with technical subject matter.
Some of the key job functions:
· Be the voice of the learner, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our content efforts and help our team iterate and improve on our content offering.
· Lead projects through the design lifecycle from scoping, research and analysis, design, development, and launch; providing clear timelines through all phases, communicating with key partners, and selecting appropriate measurement for successful implementation.
· Identify learning objectives, assess learners, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver instruction including consulting with program owners and subject matter experts to identify performance gaps and learning objectives.
· Manage the development of instructional materials (tutorials, digital interactives, user guides, audio and video scripts, story boards, navigational text, tests, etc.) that transform technical information into engaging instructional materials.
· Direct and guide learning design for internal and/or external subject matter experts enlisted to produce and publish technical content.
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, Santa Monica).
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $100,600/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
· Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Distance Learning, or related field
· 2 years formal education and/or 2 years experience in IT technical subject matter required
· At least 5 years experience in instructional design, distance learning, corporate training, or a directly related field
· Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following tools: Articulate Storyline, Lectora, Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), and related SCORM or Tin Can compliant production tools
· 5+ years demonstrated writing and editing experience
· 5+ years demonstrated experience in communicating technical concepts and processes using clear, simple language and visuals
· 5+ years experience conducting quality analysis reviews of instructional materials
· Graduate degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
· Experience with LMS architecture and deployment within a corporate learning environment
· Experience with AWS or Cloud-related content
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records