Here’s your chance to produce high-quality technical training content for Amazon Web Services. If you have a background in editing, preferably with technical training, and a passion for producing customer-focused, cutting-edge content, we want to talk to you.
As a Technical Editor at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will work with creative, dynamic people to drive quality standards and edit AWS training content. You will be at the forefront of the effort to train everyone from developers to cloud neophytes on how to use AWS services and succeed in an increasingly cloud-driven world. The successful candidate is curious, creative, collaborative, and willing to do what it takes to make sure learners grasp and retain the key technical concepts in our courses.
Amazon.com is deeply committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is to support the vibrant developer community that consumes the AWS products. To enable this, the AWS training team plays a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to consume and follow.
The ideal candidate has experience editing in-depth content for developer or system administrator products and the ability to drive consistency and unity across multiple content deliverables. You have a strong understanding of customer needs and experience acting as a customer advocate. Working with Technical Curriculum Developers, subject matter experts, and stakeholders on the team, you will use the editorial process to ensure a high-quality content experience for customers.
This role will join a dedicated, passionate, and professional team in Cloud Career Education Programs Curriculum Development. We create engaging, exciting, and dynamic content, supporting programs which are focused on building learning experiences and developing foundation-level AWS skills for learners in their education environment - as early professionals or as a part of re-skilling and up-skilling workforce development initiatives. Programs in this area typically have longer durations, running over a number of weeks, or months, rather than hours or days. Innovation, professional development and diving deep is encouraged, and supported, as is the goal of making a real difference.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Manage and maintain the editing process ensuring multiple quality checks for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style.
· Manage and maintain an internal style guide and word lists for group use.
· Review style guide for accuracy
· Manage editing schedules and workflows and communicate the schedules internally
· Meet with subject-matter experts for concurrence as to content changes.
· Remain current on new developments in technical writing, editing and publishing, including technological enhancements which may affect the corporation.
· A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering results
This role can be performed near any US AWS office in the following cities: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, or Santa Monica.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $69,400 - $121,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
· Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years' equivalent work experience in English, Technical Communication, or related field
· A minimum of 3 years of experience editing content using/managing a style guide
· Demonstrated experience editing highly technical developer or systems administration documentation
· 3+ years’ experience managing multiple projects and setting their schedules and priorities
· Experience with web services and related technologies
· Advanced grammar skills
· Developmental and copy editing skills
· Experience / knowledge of cloud computing
· Some experience working in an agile programming environment
· Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· Experience managing multiple projects and setting their schedules and priorities
· A proactive attitude and a focus on resolving problems and delivering result
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.