Amazon FireTV products are revolutionary consumer devices that have become the #1 best-selling Amazon products. They are among the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at both Amazon and the entire consumer electronics industry. We are looking for talented software engineers to join our team in building consumer experiences. This is an enormous opportunity to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of products used every day by people you know.
The team is responsible for building Developer and Consumer experiences for the Appstore in Fire TV. The team uses architectural and design principles to develop software platforms that handle the scale and latency constraints. It has also developed excellent expertise in Android internals and is building innovative mobile experience, automation technologies, which help providing superb consumer experience.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to lead the development of scalable software solutions and services for handling the consumer experience. Ideal candidate should have proven expertise in designing scalable and low-latency systems, working across technologies, and mentoring junior engineers.
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build a world-class Appstore experience for FireTV. To be successful you'll need to have lots of experience with C++ or Java, customer focus, experience of SOA, experience working with databases, experience handling scale, and excellent communication skills. You need a strong grasp of architecture and advanced engineering principles and design patterns. You must be a fast, efficient coder and make coding and design decision with multiple simultaneous dimensions in mind. You will be part of technical leadership team of Amazon Appstore development center in Chennai, India and will have the chance to lead the product architecture and team-building effort.
Come join us, in building one of the most disruptive digital businesses, at the earth's most customer centric company!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or PERL
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between