Ring is seeking a qualified Security Analyst to join Ring’s Insider Threat Security Program. In this role, you will work with Ring’s security engineers, incident response team, key business stakeholders, and service teams across the organization to detect, respond to, and manage potential threat activity of internal origin. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and dynamic with the ability to combine data analytics with behavioral and systems context to rapidly qualify and drive potential threats to resolution. As a Security Analyst you will work closely with the owners of various production services to understand the roles of the various users of their systems, identify outlying behavior, investigate, and escalate appropriately.
· Work with functional managers and engineers on the software teams to help build threat models around various roles.
· Develop playbooks for alerts.
· Create simulated threat actor profiles to monitor tools for effectiveness and expected functionality.
· Work with engineers on your team to improve detection logic and tuning.
· Synthesize information from multiple telemetry streams to identify potential threats to systems.
· Be part of an on-call rotation as needed.
· 2+ years of experience in an information analyst role or similar, working with databases and query languages.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt messaging to executive, technical, and non-technical audiences.
· Relevant work experience in internet-based risk, abuse, fraud, data protection, or security.
· Experience working with contact centers.
· Experience working as part of a Computer Security Incident Response Team.
· Hands-on experience working with AWS Services (S3, Athena, Kinesis).
· Experience working with PR and Legal teams around sensitive matters.
· Analytical ability to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results.
· Self driven analytical mindset, interested in conducting exploratory data analysis.
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.