Do you want to be part of the future at Amazon?
Do you want to drive significant new business development and scalable expansion of our current product portfolio?
Look no more.
Amazon is searching for an exceptional Senior Financial Analyst. Amazon is working to be the most customer-centric company on earth by giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience.
Our division is Global Shipping/Global mile, where we facilitate Amazon's expansion into a rapidly growing list of countries, creating new logistical benchmarks and "firsts" through disruptive innovation.
A key enabler of our global strategy is developing a strong finance organization. As part of the team, you will be responsible for providing financial decision support around product design, supply chain design, and asset investments.
What is the role?
We need an experienced senior financial analyst to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define, develop, and implement new product launches. In addition, this role will support the extended development and deployment of recently launched products that are experiencing hyper-growth.
Financial modeling, good business acumen, a financial control focus, and automation development are all of primary importance for the success of this role.
This role partners closely with a broad range of global finance and business leaders. The role also has stakeholders in country leaders, product teams, technology teams, and FP&A. This role works with product managers, operations managers, and software developers. This role designs, develops, and maintains performance measurements and reports on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
The successful candidate will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements, provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting, and drive special projects to continuously lower costs for customers and improve selection and placement of inventory. Working with the technology teams, product management teams, and operations partners, the successful candidate will help in the prioritization and execution of key operations & technology programs which will ultimately accelerate the profitable growth of Amazon GM products. Acting as the finance controller, the person will manage the financial health of the product portfolio.
· Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
· Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel and SQL functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
· Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
· Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and an effective influencer for new team members. Design and implement financial operating processes that enable program scalability and automation. Dive deep and understand all impacts related to these processes.
· BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, Essbase, Cognos).
· MBA and/or Professional certifications (CFA/CFP/CPA/CMA/CTP/) + relevant experience.
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, data interpretation of results, and leading cross-functional projects.
· Experience in the logistics field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.