Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Sr Financial Analysts work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are *the* trusted business adviser. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to manage fast and smart. You will also provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You already know how to make sense between which details that make all the difference, and those that don’t add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
· Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the FC improve and create new measures for site productivity
· Advanced proficiency in reporting/analysis with Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
· Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
· Manage the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your Operations partners
· Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
· Proven ability to be an effective business partner with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
· Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful business reporting
· Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners – you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed
· BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
· 5+ years experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
· Ability to travel; 10%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
· MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
· Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
· Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
· Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
· Management/ leadership skills with proven ability to take on and create new assignments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.