Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses, responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products
Our team's mandate is to launch and accelerate adoption of advertising measurement products and services that enhance advertiser experience on Amazon. We are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of products that take command of large and unstructured data sources and turn them into rich insights that help advertisers present the right ads to the right consumers at the right time and place.
As a Senior Applied Scientist on this team you will:
· Act as the technical leader for full life-cycle NLP and ML projects.
· Lead technical efforts within this team and across other teams.
· Build machine learning models and utilize data analysis to deliver scalable solutions to business problems.
· Run A/B experiments, gather data, and perform statistical analysis.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
· Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production
· Research new machine learning approaches.
· Recruit Applied Scientists to the team.
· Mentor Applied and Research Scientists.
Why you love this opportunity
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth
You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven fundamentally from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Experience in building Natural Language Processing and Natural Language Understanding models.
· Minimally 3 years of experience building ML models and taking ML models into production (for business applications).
· Peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
· Experience defining reheard and development practices in an applied machine learning environment
· Experience in working with Deep Learning frameworks
· Proven track record of technically leading and mentoring scientists
· Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
· Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science stakeholders
· Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
· Experience in coalescing and analyzing terabyte size datasets
· Proven experience in optimization and multi-objective tuning modeling.
· Effective technical communication to non-technical and technical audiences.
· Experience working with very large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
· Demonstrated successful industrial experience, drives results.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
· Exhibits excellent business judgment.
· Has relentlessly high standards.
· Dives deep think big and has convictions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us