Amazon seeks an experienced Senior Finance Analyst to join the innovative division of our new COVID-19 taskforce program.
Amazon is focused on the health and safety of our employees, and continuing to serve the people who need our services, now more than ever. Whilst there is promising news of late-stage vaccine development on the horizon, regular testing on a global scale is going to continue to be a key factor in controlling Coronavirus and keeping communities safe so we can re-enter the economy with confidence.
As we aim to contribute to the resources battling this pandemic, Amazon has started along a path to roll out mass employee testing by setting up its own diagnostics laboratories – join us, and contribute to one of the most significant problems of our time.
Based in Seattle, this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new high-impact space at Amazon. If you are passionate about innovating, building, and scaling high impact business models, this is for you. The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership to provide strategic guidance, as well as overall finance, controllership, operational, and leadership support in this evolving space.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a role model for high standards and driving business insight while partnering with cross-functional teams. We are looking for a candidate with solid analytical skills, the ability to work independently, manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, a strong bias for action, superb customer focus, and the ability to communicate with and influence business leadership. A bachelor's degree is required; an MBA is preferred.
· Partner with the finance and business team to provide both strategy and analysis in producing short and long-term financial forecasting
· Establish business review processes, maintain operational and business metrics
· Run financial modeling, sensitivity analyses and recommendations for new protocols or pilots
· Develop cost-out and continuous improvement mechanisms for variable costs and on-site inventory management
· Assist in all aspects of the rollout and operation across hundreds of testing sites
· Forecasting and budgeting
· Generate month-end close support/control for on-site inventory, vendor payments, and performance tracking
· Integration into corporate reporting
· Participate in ad hoc analysis and new project evaluations including structuring the problem, developing a solution and presenting a proposed method of action to senior executives
· 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· MBA degree
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a rapidly-changing environment
· Advanced Excel skills
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high-tech start-up.
· Demonstrated ability to drive results, manage multiple competing priorities and problem solve
· Advanced experience working with financial reporting systems such as Cognos, TM1, and or Essbase.
· Advanced knowledge and Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools and SQL
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep on ambiguous challenges and deliver actionable insight
· Proven ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
· Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to quantify complex business questions
· Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Healthcare, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.