Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is expanding its implementation of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) to provide self-service information solutions direct to employees, as well as its existing implementation benefiting agents and other HR employees handling employee questions over phone, email, walk-up and chat (via a knowledge base stored and surfaced from AEM through Salesforce) around the world for a variety of use cases. We will implement the overall self-service strategy and user experience for our employees and partners by integrating AEM with other Amazon systems and platforms like telephony, case management, self-service, and analytics, ensuring a consistent global experience. If you are excited by the opportunity to design and develop highly scalable systems, this may be the right career move for you. We operate as a startup within Amazon, providing great flexibility in product and technology direction.
Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is seeking a Frontend Engineer II for CMS implementations at Amazon. We’re looking for highly technical entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of system ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. This role will be responsible for building high quality software for new and existing content management systems.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience, takes pride in building high quality software, and has a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering new features and products. They value collaboration, making data-driven decisions, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of a variety of core product features. You will influence our overall strategy by helping define these product features, design the system architecture, and promote the best practices that enable a secure, accessible and quality product.
In this role you will work closely with stakeholders, other software engineers and product teams to deliver mission-critical, and complex products and features. In each case, you will collaborate with technology teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will design, implement and develop user interfaces for new innovations. You will lead the estimation process, assess risks and effectively mentor other junior team members to improve their skills and raise the bar on software development best practices in UI domain. You will own the implementation strategy to radically change our product offering in ways that is the least disruptive to our customers yet delivers significantly value iteratively. You will gain an understanding of how Amazon operates around a number of different product areas and help influence the direction of these products. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 6+ years of professional front end development
· Demonstrated fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Hands-on expertise across tech stack from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems)
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Experience in working with AEM as a content management system.
· Experience in working with source code repositories.
· Strong UX design skills