The AWS Mobile team is continuously innovating and expanding our mobile services to enable developers to quickly build, deploy, and manage native, web, and hybrid apps for iOS and Android. By leveraging our services, developers are able to easily deliver rich cloud-enabled experiences to their customers by integrating a broad range of AWS services into their apps including voice & chat capabilities, user engagement, analytics, push notifications, cloud storage, NoSQL databases, GraphQL, online/offline data synchronization and serverless business logic.
The AWS Mobile SDKs are currently being used by tens of thousands of developers and thousands of mobile apps. We need to grow in order to meet demand for our services and to build new features for our users. We have exciting new projects that will continue to simplify and speed the creation and management of cloud-enabled apps. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is working to change the mobile industry; we are moving from a Mobile First to a Mobile Only world where we aim to enable millions of people to enrich their experience with everyday mobile experiences that become smarter over time, help them live a healthier lifestyle, and have meaningful and real time interactions with services providers, public services, and their workplaces.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who is passionate about creating software for other developers and has a strong track record of successfully delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, initiative, and strong communication skills are a must. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in an environment where priorities shift fast to meet the changing needs of our customers.
As a member of the team, you will:
· Work closely with the product team and other AWS teams to deliver on the team’s technical vision
· Influence technical strategy to build products developers will love
· Drive team discussions on system architecture and component design
· Lead development and launch of core features and products
· Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectural systems and improvements
· Participate in estimation and sprint planning
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
· 1-3 years of non-internship professional software development experience
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Working knowledge in at least one of the following platforms: Android, iOS, or React Native
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, and design patterns
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
· Experience building applications for web and mobile development
· Experience programming applications backed by AWS services
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Project execution skills including estimating and executing on committed schedules
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.