Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
A day in the life
Be part of Project Kuiper’s ASIC team responsible for defining and implementing the digital chips for communications via Low Earth Orbit satellites and Amazon gateways. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking wireless solution with few legacy constraints.
About the hiring group
The ASIC team works with customer requirements and wireless system teams to define modems, high-speed interfaces, embedded processors, and DSP solutions in the latest CMOS generation technologies.
· Work closely with the system architects to design world-class SOC and IP blocks, which meet power, area and performance targets.
· Develop and document innovative micro-architectures
· Analyze and implement low power designs
· Configure, instantiate, and integrate 3rd party IP blocks
· Assist verification team in unit verification including test plan development
· Run Lint and CDC tools
· Perform initial synthesis & timing analysis
· Understand the impact of DFT on the blocks and guide SOC floor planning
· Assist with debug and bring-up
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of experience in digital design, preferably in SoC design and implementation
· Proven track record where products have gone to volume production
· Experience in low power design techniques
Master's or Ph.D degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering
· 10+ years of experience in digital design, preferably in communication systems
· Familiarity with UVM and Matlab
· Ability to write assertions and exposure to Formal verification
· Strong written and verbal skills