Are you excited about making multi-million dollar decisions more Science and Data Driven? Are you interested in supporting Consumer Hardware device concepts from innovative idea inception to launch? Do you want to work on a Science Product team focused on scaling Statistics and Econometrics via internal to Amazon tools? Then this could be the role for you!
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment. Amazon Devices and Services team is the area of Amazon focused on inventing platforms that delight customers by eliminating friction they have in supplying, entertaining, and managing the home and beyond.
The Device Economics team owns demand estimates and pricing recommendations of concept devices before customers know they exist. We support over 100 device-specific analyses a year on hardware and services ranging from Echo Frames to Kindle Paperwhite to Blink Video Camera subscriptions to the Amazon Smart Plug…all prior to launch.. We are a cross-functional Product team working to scale Econometrics through Amazon and beyond by incorporating Science into internal facing tools and making it easier for others to do so as well.
In this role, you will support up to SVP*-level decision meetings around approving confidential funding requests (PRFAQs) for brand new devices and services, build decisions around how many hardware devices to manufacture prior to receiving any customer signal, and pricing decisions around how to price and promote products and services. You will leverage Science and Tools produced by the Device Economics team such as conjoint demand models to produce these recommendations. As part of the stakeholder-facing arm of the team, you will own relationships with decision makers to help improve the end-customer experience by making the decisions that impact those end-customers more data and Science-driven. In parallel, you will work with Scientists, Economists, Product Managers, and Software Developers to provide meaningful feedback about stakeholder problems to inform business solutions and increase the velocity, quality, and scope behind our recommendations. You will own projects to make progress on Decision Science itself. Through this all, we will invest in your development to pursue your career goals.
*The SVP of Amazon Devices and Services is Dave Limp. He reports to Jeff Bezos.
· Undergrad degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Supply Chain or related field
· 5+ years of experience in a stakeholder or customer-facing analyst or scientist role
· 3+ years business experience conducting analyses using e.g. Excel.
· Experience with scripting and programming languages e.g. VBA, R, Stata, Matlab, Python, etc.
· Experience with statistical models e.g. multinomial logistic regression
· Comfort dealing with ambiguity
· Works backwards from the customer to solve their problems
· Excellent communication
· Masters, MBA, or PhD degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
· 8+ years of experience in a stakeholder or customer-facing analyst or scientist role
· 8+ years business experience conducting analyses using e.g. Excel.
· 3+ years experience with scripting and programming languages e.g. VBA, R, Stata, Matlab, Python, etc.
· 3+ years experience with statistical models e.g. multinomial logistic regression
· Experience working with Scientists, Economists, Software Developers, and/or Product Managers
· Experience in Consumer facing Hardware or Services
· Experience in survey design and datasets