Are you excited about making multi-million dollar decisions more Science and Data Driven? Are you interested in supporting Consumer Hardware device concepts from innovative idea inception to launch? Do you want to work on a Science Product team focused on scaling Statistics and Econometrics via internal to Amazon tools? Then this could be the role for you!
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment. Amazon Devices and Services team is the area of Amazon focused on inventing platforms that delight customers by eliminating friction they have in supplying, entertaining, and managing the home and beyond.
The Device Economics team owns demand estimates and pricing recommendations of concept devices before customers know they exist. We support over 100 device-specific analyses a year on hardware and services ranging from Echo Frames to Kindle Paperwhite to Blink Video Camera subscriptions to the Amazon Smart Plug…all prior to launch.. We are a cross-functional Product team working to scale Econometrics through Amazon and beyond by incorporating Science into internal facing tools and making it easier for others to do so as well.
As an Product Manager of Analytics, you will support up to SVP*-level decision meetings around approving confidential funding requests (PRFAQs) for brand new devices and services, build decisions around how many hardware devices to manufacture prior to receiving any customer signal, and pricing decisions around how to price and promote products and services. You will leverage Science and Tools produced by the Device Economics team such as conjoint demand models to produce these recommendations. As part of the stakeholder-facing arm of the team, you will own relationships with decision makers to help improve the end-customer experience by making the decisions that impact those end-customers more data and Science-driven.
The successful candidate will excel at exploring and simplifying internal customer business problems. They will then take those back to the team and work with Scientists on coming up with Data and Science driven solutions to those problems that can eventually scale to self service tools. They must also communicate with internal customers such that the Science from our team is sufficiently trusted to inform Business Decisions.
The expected career path in this role is to move from PM-Analytics into Manager or Data Scientist over time such that the successful candidate must pass an entry level Data Scientist bar.
*The SVP of Amazon Devices and Services is Dave Limp. He reports to Jeff Bezos.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Undergrad degree in Economics, Business Analytics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Supply Chain or related field
· 5+ years of experience in a stakeholder or customer-facing analyst or scientist role
· 3+ years business experience conducting analyses using e.g. Excel.
· Experience working with Scientists, Economists, Software Developers, and/or Product Managers
· Experience with top down statistical modeling e.g. multinomial logistic regression
· Comfort dealing with ambiguity
· Works backwards from the customer to solve their problems
· Experience with strategic business decision making
· Excellent communication
· Masters or MBA in Economics, Business Analytics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
· 8+ years of experience in a stakeholder or customer-facing analyst or scientist role
· 5+ years business experience conducting analyses using e.g. Excel.
· Experience with scripting and programming languages e.g. SQL, Python, R, Stata, Matlab, VBA, etc.
· Experience in Consumer facing Hardware or Services
· Experience in survey design and datasets