**Relocation to Amazon Corporate offices in Seattle, Boston, Detroit or Nashville is supported.
Are you excited by robotics and the latest automation technology? Would you like to be a contributing part of Amazon's exciting growth? Do you like impacting tomorrow - today? Answer yes to any of these and you should be a part of the Robotics Deployment Engineering Team.
As a Robotics Deployment Engineering Project Manager you will be responsible for deploying the most technologically advanced robotics and automation solutions for Amazon. You will mobilize and encourage diverse and talented teams of project managers, engineers, contractors, and expert installers, deploying technology into Amazon buildings in various states of construction and operation. You will leverage business acumen, leadership experience, technical skills, and influence over authority, to promote alignment and deliver results. You will be counted on to provide leadership in managing technical activities in a variety of project types and sizes, which require appropriate judgement and flexibility to make well-thought-out decisions.
· End-to-end ownership for technology deployment projects (budget, planning, design, installation, commissioning and qualification, launch support)
· Coordinate critical path items, dive deep on technical details and provide innovative solutions to resolve issues
· Assess and communicate project status, escalations on potential risks and delays across multiple teams
· Prepare and conduct weekly standing meetings with internal teams and external vendors/contractors to plan and track deliverables
· Work cross-functionally and influence various teams such as Engineering, Construction, Operations, Reliability Maintenance, IT, Procurement and provide feedback to improve deployment efficiency
· Work independently or lead a project team that could comprise of project managers, project engineers and contractors
· Solve for standard work gaps, identify lessons learned, and propose continuous improvement with a goal of driving global deployment scalability
· Participate in hiring and developing members of the team
· Flexibility to travel as much as (50-75%) to support deployment projects
o Bachelor’s Degree in STEM field or equivalent experience
o 3+ years experience leading multiple technical projects simultaneously in robotics engineering or other large scale technical implementations
o 2+ years experience reviewing and understanding technical drawings and schematics
o 2+ years experience using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Word, and Project Management Software
o Valid US driver’s license
o Recognized Project Management certificate (PMI, Prince), Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), or an advanced degree in engineering
o Proficiency using tools like AutoCAD, MS Visio, SCADA and industrial automation software
o Comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization, in order to be successful.
o Prior experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
o Ability to develop detailed project schedules incorporating multiple stakeholder needs
o Skilled in triage. Makes the right trade-offs between schedule, cost and scope in order to deliver projects on time; compiles project schedule and recommends optimal resource usage.
o Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to succinctly summarize key findings
o Experience working in environments like manufacturing, warehouses, or construction sites
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Columbia, SC: This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $$76,600-$114,900/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.