We are seeking a seasoned Senior Data Scientist to accelerate the growth of Amazon Prime through data analytics. Our vision is for Prime to be the Earth’s largest and most loved membership program. We look forward to partnering with you to advance our innovation on customers’ behalf.
As a senior science thought leader, you will build ground-breaking, state-of-the-art causal inference models to guide multi-million-dollar investment decisions. You will architect and execute a research roadmap that connects science, business, and engineering and contributes to Amazon Prime’s long term success. As an independent contributor, you mentor and nurture junior scientists on the team to set them up for success.
The ideal candidate will be an established expert in data science, especially in the area of causal inference. You are comfortable leading through ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You think big on the next game-changing opportunity but also dive deep into every detail that matters. You insist on the highest standards and are consistent in delivering results.
- Own a multi-year research roadmap that guides Prime’s investment decisions.
- Work with Product, Finance, Economist, and Data Engineering teams across the globe to deliver data-driven insights and products for regional and world-wide launches.
- Innovate on how Prime can leverage data analytics to grow faster.
- Contribute to building a strong data science community in Amazon Asia.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems, Operations Research, or other data science disciplines with 6+ years’ experience in a highly quantitative role, or bachelor’s degree with 8+ years’ experience.
- Expert knowledge and proven track record in causal inference theories and practice (e.g., randomized-controlled-trials, natural experiments, instrumental variables, matching/synthetic control, double/debiased ML).
- Proficient with using scripting language such as Python/R and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analysing and modelling data.
- Excellent in using non-scientific yet precise languages, verbally and in writing, to communicate complex analytical subjects with business stakeholders.
- A PhD degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems, Operations Research, or other data science disciplines with 5+ years’ experience in a highly quantitative role.
- Experience in leading data analytics teams in B2C industry (e.g., consumer/retail/retail financial services/telecoms/media).
- Experience in developing internal or external data analytics products.
- Knowledge in AWS tools such as Redshift, S3, EMR, and EC2.
- Experience in managing alignment with executive-level stakeholders.