We are seeking an experienced Economist to accelerate the growth of Amazon Prime through econometrics and data analytics. Our vision is for Prime to be the Earth’s largest and most loved membership program. We look forward to partnering with you to advance our innovation on customers’ behalf.
Amazon has a proven history of working with Ph.D. economists and offers a unique environment for economists to thrive. As an economist at Prime, you will apply the frontier of econometric and economic methods to Amazon’s terabytes of data and intriguing customer problems. Your expertise in building reduced-form or structural causal inference models is exemplary in Amazon. Your strategic thinking in designing mechanisms and products influences how Amazon evolves.
In this role, you will build ground-breaking, state-of-the-art causal inference models to guide multi-million-dollar investment decisions. You will execute and expand a research roadmap that connects science, business, and engineering and contributes to Amazon Prime’s long term success. As one of the first economists outside North America/EU, you will make an outsized impact to our international marketplaces and pioneer in expanding Amazon’s economist community in Asia.
The ideal candidate will be an economist in empirical industrial organization, labour economics, or related structural/reduced-form causal inference fields. You are a self-starter who enjoys ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You think big on the next game-changing opportunity but also dive deep into every detail that matters. You insist on the highest standards and are consistent in delivering results.
- Work with Product, Finance, Data Science, and Data Engineering teams across the globe to deliver data-driven insights and products for regional and world-wide launches.
- Innovate on how Prime can leverage data analytics to grow faster.
- Contribute to building a strong data science community in Amazon Asia.
- Ph.D. degree in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Information Systems, Operations Research, or other data science disciplines
-3+ years’ experience in industry/academic research positions, or you are a final year Ph.D. candidate
- Expert knowledge and proven track record in empirical industrial organization and/or reduced-form causal inference.
- Experience in data analytics in a B2C industry (e.g., consumer/retail/retail financial services/telecoms/media).
- Experience with big data tools such as Scala, PySpark, AWS products.
- Experience with machine learning models and their applications in the Tech industry.
- Publications in renowned scientific journals.
- Excellent in using non-technical yet precise languages, verbally and in writing, to communicate complex analytical subjects with business stakeholders.
- Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged. We consider strong candidates for senior economist position as well.
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python/R and/or statistical packages such as STATA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us