The Amazon Prime Team is hiring Interns in Economics. We are looking for detail-oriented, organized, and responsible individuals who are eager to learn how to apply economic and econometric theories to large-scale business problems and big data sets.
These are full-time positions at 40 hours per week, with compensation being awarded on an hourly basis. You will work in a team of economists, data scientists, and engineers and in collaboration with product and finance managers. These experiences will translate well into writing applied chapters in your dissertation and prepare you with placement in academia or private sector.
Roughly 50% of research assistants from previous cohorts have converted to full time data science or economics employment at Amazon. If you are interested, please send your CV to our mailing list at email@example.com.
· PhD student in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Operations Research, or related fields (enrolled in 3rd year or more and not currently on the job market)
· Experience with SQL
· Experience working with large data sets
· Experience in B2C industries
· Knowledge of micro-econometrics and/or empirical industrial organization
· Knowledge with Stata, R, or Python
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us