Do you want to work as part of a team developing architectures and algorithms for Amazon Quantum Computing Centre?
Quantum Computing is rapidly emerging from the realms of science-fiction, and our customers can the see the potential it has to address their challenges. One of our missions at AWS is to give customers access to the most innovative technology available and help them continuously reinvent their business. Quantum Computing is a technology that holds promise to be transformational in many industries, and we are adding quantum computing resources to the toolkits of every researcher and developer.
Amazon Quantum Computing is growing and looking for Research Scientists to join an exceptional team of researchers and engineers. As a Research Scientist on the quantum algorithms team, you will:
· Develop architectures, algorithms and applications for quantum computing, including resource estimation for practical problems
· Play a key role in shaping the development roadmap of the service, and evangelizing new features and capabilities
· Have the opportunity to create narrative papers, write blogs, build demos and generate other reusable collateral that can be used by our customers
· Establish thought leadership of AWS in the field by publishing research in journals and speaking at international scientific conferences
· Most importantly, work closely with our quantum computing hardware teams, as well as industry and academic partners
This role is based in the AWS Cambridge office but will involve collaboration internationally across the entire Amazon Quantum Computing organization.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· Progress towards a completed PhD in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning, or in another highly quantitative field
· Proven breadth of knowledge around the field of quantum computing
· Proven technical depth in at least one sub-topic of quantum computation, such as quantum algorithms, fault-tolerant quantum computation or similar
· Relevant academic research or industry experience in the form of peer-reviewed research publications
· Familiarity with at least one recognized scientific coding language, such as: Python, C, Matlab, or similar
· Proven communication and data presentation skills
· Effective working in a team environment
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in quantum algorithms, fault-tolerant quantum computation or related area.
· Creative problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead research projects and identify fruitful research directions
· Demonstrated ability to work on cross-functional teams
· Experience with applying scientific principles
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.