Are you a data and analytics specialist with deep expertise in AWS services for managing data at speed and scale? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Solutions Architect to work with our customers and help them build cloud-based data platforms.
This role is a senior role in the Amazon EMR team and provides a unique opportunity to lead innovations and transformational change with large Enterprise customers in their journey to cloud. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will partner with AWS specialist sales, business development, and product teams to craft a go to market strategy, ensure success of our most complex customer engagements, collect, organized and disseminate the internal expertise needed to drive data lakes, analytics, and machine learning workloads with Amazon EMR.
· Understand customer requirements and render those as architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance, and advise customers on how to run these architectural models on AWS
· Work alongside customers to build data management platforms using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Athena, AWS Glue, AWS Lake Formation and other related services.
· Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns from these engagements for sharing with the worldwide AWS solution architect community and engineering teams.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Highly technical and analytical with 10 or more years of systems development and deployment experience with Hadoop and Spark based platforms
· Implementation and tuning experience with various tools and frameworks in the Big Data Ecosystem such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive
· Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization with Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· Ability to think understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
· BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred
· An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
· AWS Certification, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Associate/Professional
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business such as large enterprises and start-ups.
· Deep understanding of Apache Big Data stack such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive with a track record of being involved in these Apache Open-source projects.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Big Data related technologies.