Interested in using AI to improve the shopping experience of millions of customers? Amazon Search has the perfect job for you.
Amazon Search Customer Experience is looking for an experienced scientist to lead the innovation in Search Whole Page Optimization (WPO). Your research spans deep learning, reinforcement learning, and personalized recommendations. You will work with a team of scientists and engineers to make Amazon’s search experience intelligent, intuitive, and enjoyable.
A successful candidate has strong customer obsession, highly-cited publications in relevant areas, and a track record of deploying research outcomes in production. You will bring deep technical expertise and strong business acumen. Amazon leaders are visionaries who are not afraid of rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty. You will help shape the future of Amazon’s search customer experience by painting a compelling vision and leading the journey to get there. You must have the desire to make industry-wide impact and the ability to work within a fast moving environment to rapidly deliver innovations.
As a senior leader, you will be responsible for the holistic optimization of Amazon search pages. From page layout to content ranking, from the navigation experience to product display optimization, you will rethink the assumptions behind traditional e-commerce experience and leverage AI to make the shopping journey of each customer a delightful one. You will be part of the Search technical leadership community that forms the backbone of the company. You will play a critical role in business planning, work closely with senior executives, and influence our long-term technical and business strategy.
If you like the challenges and opportunities in this exciting space, come join us to work hard, have fun, and make history.
· PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related quantitative field
· 10+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
· 7+ years of applied research experience
· Experience with one of the following areas: machine learning technologies, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), information retrieval and related applications
· Proven ability to implement, operate, and deliver results via innovation at large scale
· Experience in modern programming languages (Python, Java, C++, C)
· Experience communicating with executives and non-technical leaders
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, statistics and system design
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and related field
· Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment
· Expertise on a broad set of ML approaches and techniques, ranging from Artificial Neural Networks to Bayesian Non-Parametrics methods
· Expert in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Python or similar)
· Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact
· Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting
· Proven track in leading, mentoring and growing teams of scientists (teams of five or more scientist)
· 10+ years of industry experience in applying Machine Learning/Deep Learning/Reinforcement Learning to optimization and recommendation problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us