Global selling is critical to the growth of the WW Consumer business. Pricing is setting up a new India-based tech team to focus on price automation solutions for global sellers. The vision is to help global sellers offer competitive prices across all countries. The new team will innovate, design, and build software for price automation and global price management for selling partners. The team will measure success by improvement in price health across key dimensions such as (a) external price competitiveness
Amazon has grown rapidly and will continue to do so in foreseeable future. This scaling requirement poses unique challenges in designing and developing software for powering search experience. We are seeking a strong software engineer to join the newly formed Relevance India team. This team’s charter is to increase the pace at which Amazon expands to new countries, categories or product lines. In practice, we aim to create infrastructure and build innovating solutions that reduces the time and effort needed for expansions and improve the search experience on the day of the launch.
In this role you will:
· Design, develop, and implement production level code that serves billions of search requests.
· Own the full development cycle: design, development, impact assessment, A/B testing (including interpretation of results) and production deployment.
· Design and apply data driven and machine learning techniques to provide optimal ranking.
· Develop new ranking features and techniques building upon the latest results from the research community.
· Collaborate with other engineers and scientists within Amazon.com to find technical solutions to complex design problems.
· Participate in aspects of the R&D process, from experimenting with new ideas to exploring new techniques.
· Get exposure to large scale use of various AWS components such EC2, S3, EMR, SQS, SNS, etc.
· Take ownership. Understand the needs of various search teams, distil those into coherent projects, and implement them with an eye on long-term impact.
· Be a leader. Use your expertise to set a high bar for the team, mentor team members, set the tone for how to take on and deliver on large impossible-sounding projects.
· Be ambitious. Find and eagerly tackle hard problems.
· Be curious. You will work alongside systems engineers, machine learning scientists, and data analysts. Your effectiveness and impact will depend on discussing problems with and learning from them. You will have access to the cutting-edge technologies and vast technical tools and resources of Amazon and will need to learn how to use them effectively.
· Be customer focused. Work backwards from customer problems, figure out elegant solutions, and implement them for speed and scalability.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our office located in Banglore.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related disciplines.
· At least 3 years of industry experience in writing production code using C++ / Java / C# or similar languages
· At least 3 years of industry experience building production web-scale systems .
· Solid understanding of fundamental algorithms, data structures, system design, and complexity analysis.
· Experience with web-scale data processing using Spark or similar technologies.
· Experience with various components of a Search or Ads pipeline such as Query Understanding, Matching, and Relevance is a plus.
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems.
· Ability to discuss complex topics with both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems.