Come build the future of entertainment with us. Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
The Research & Insight team operates in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment across Europe and the world to understand our customers holistically. We work with senior stakeholders across a wide range of functions to plan, execute, and deliver continuous knowledge and insight to marketing and business teams to deliver customer centric growth.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist, Market Research to build our data strategy from the ground up. In this role, you will define quantitative research data standards and structures for end-to-end research processes, ensuring fit for purpose databases that are widely accessible and in usable formats for a variety of stakeholders. You will architect tools such as dashboards and automated reporting to help democratize our market research data. You’ll leverage predictive models, advanced machine learning/AI capabilities and exploratory data analysis (EDA) to solve problems and deliver insight.
· Collecting and structuring data from a variety of 3P agency partners and APIs.
· Collaborate closely with research, marketing, finance and content partner teams to ensure your data roadmap is fit for purpose across stakeholder groups.
· Define and develop data management platforms, analysis tools and user friendly dashboards and reports.
· Conduct ad-hoc analysis and predictive modelling to extract value from data to uncover opportunities and recommend actions.
· Visualize data sets to inspire stakeholders (word clouds, infographics).
· Perform regular data and system audits and feedback to ensure complete, accurate and usable data.
· Optimize self-serve platform for data reporting and analysis to accelerate information-to-action at scale.
· Build capability training across data and tools.
· An SME for research data platform tools and analysis capabilities and delivery.
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification
· Experience working as a Data Scientist
· Experience with data scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· Experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
· Experience with data mining and statistical analysis
· Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
· Knowledge of data visualisation platforms (like Tableau, SAS, D3.js, Python, Java, R libraries)
· Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills
· Experience with programming languages (like Java, Python, and/or R) and Machine Learning (e.g. Natural Language Processing, Classification, Clustering, Ensemble methods, Deep Learning).
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.